Are you looking for a fun way to help Alaska pass a statewide smoke-free workplace law? You should join our video contest! Record a short video (no longer than two minutes) of you telling the world why you want a smoke-free Alaska. Entrants to the contest will be eligible to win a $150 gift certificate to Amazon.com. Videos will be judged on relevance, uniqueness, and creativity.
Make sure to tag your video with a #aksfw hashtag, and then post a link to your video on our Facebook page.
Here’s an example:
Rules for the I Want a Smoke-Free Alaska Video Contest
- ELIGIBILITY: This contest is for residents of Alaska. The winner of the contest will be required to provide a mailing address in order to receive his or her prize.
- OVERVIEW: Eligible individuals may enter the contest by creating and submitting a video of up to two minutes. Videos will be judged on the basis of relevance to the topic (support of a statewide smoke-free workplace law), creativity, and uniqueness. Each video submitted will be considered one entry. Participants may submit more than one video, so long as there is a clear distinction in content between entries.
- TO ENTER: The contest entry period begins at 12:00 a.m. (Alaska Time) on March 21, 2015 and ends at 11:59 p.m. on April 25, 2015.
- Entrants may upload videos to Youtube, Vimeo, Instagram, or Facebook.
- Entrants must include the #aksfw tag in the description of the video.
- Once the video is uploaded, Entrants must post a link to the “Support Smoke-Free Alaska Workplaces” Facebook page.
- If there is narration in your video, the narration must be in your voice, must be original and must not infringe on third-party rights.
- If your narration is not in English, please identify the language spoken in the description of the video.
- The video must not exceed two minutes in length.
- Any music included in a video must be original: all music and/or lyrics must be written and performed solely by you. The composition and performance may not have been published by any third party and must not infringe on third-party rights. If Judges determine in its sole discretion that the music you have included in your video is not original, or infringes on any third-party rights, the Judges may disqualify your entry in its sole discretion.
- RESTRICTIONS: No third party trademarks/logos/intellectual property. Be careful that your video and/or caption doesn’t inadvertently contain a company’s trademark, logo or intellectual property because that may cause your video to be disqualified. Examples to watch for: a trademark/logo on a baseball cap, sneakers or t-shirt.
- CONTENT REQUIREMENTS: Entrants may capture the video themselves, or Entrants may have another person capture the video. If someone other than the Entrant has captured the video, the Entrant must have written permission from that person to submit the video and Entrant must be able to obtain a signed release from the videographer upon the request of Judges.
- CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: Entrant warrants and represents that the Video:
- is original (video may be captured by someone other than the Entrant if the Entrant obtained written permission to submit the video, as set forth below);
- does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy, publicity rights, ownership or any other legal or moral rights of any third party;
- is suitable for public viewing.
- By submitting an Entry, Entrant represents that he/she owns all rights to each element of his/her Entry, including, without limitation, the copyrights in the video. If someone other than the Entrant captured the video, Entrant further represents that he/she has obtained an assignment of rights from the third party that captured the video. Sponsor’s determination as to whether the video violates the rights of any third party is final.
- Each Entrant irrevocably grants Smoke-Free Alaska and its affiliates, legal representatives, assigns, agents and licensees, the unconditional and perpetual right and permission to reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, exhibit and/or otherwise use or reuse (without limitation as to when or to the number of times used), on an exclusive basis each element of the Entrant’s Entry, and use of the Entrant’s name, likeness, photograph (collectively, “Likeness”), and/or statements regarding his/her participation in this Contest (with or without using the Entrant’s name) in any and all media without limitation as to time or territory, and without additional compensation or approval from the Entrant or any other party. Entrant waives intellectual property rights, privacy/publicity rights or other legal or moral rights that might preclude the Sponsor’s use of any element of the Entry, and agrees not to sue or assert any claim against the Sponsor for the use of any element of the Entry or Entrant’s Likeness or statements. Entrant further grants all end users of Judges’ Web Site (a) the ability to rate, vote, review, comment on and tag the Entry; (b) the ability to send and distribute the Entry via e-mail, instant messenger, and via social media or other electronic means.